TC 3.2 "DESIGN AND OPERATIONS OF SAFER ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE"
Nov. 6, Fri. 9:00-12:40
Hall E 1~4
Chair: Mr. Mike GREENHALGH, Chair of TC 3.2, United Kingdom
Co-chair: Mr. Brendan MARSH, Member of TC 3.2, Australia
Vulnerable Road Users
The challenges in improving the safety of VRUs in Low and Middle Income Countries and the way forward.
• Mr. Xavier COCU, Member of TC 3.2, Belgium
Presentation (C32-Cocu-E .ppt.pdf)
Education, science and practice: International student workshops focus on successful infrastructure solutions to improve VRUs safety.
• Mrs. Marion DOERFEL, Professor, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
Presentation (C32-Doerfel-E .ppt.pdf)
Human Factors in Road Design
The current state of the art and where do we go next?
• Mr. Daniel AUBIN, Member of TC 3.2, Canada-Quebec
Presentation (C32-Aubin-E .ppt.pdf)
Break 10:30 - 11:10
Driver Distraction and Fatigue
The role of road engineering in combatting driver distraction and fatigue road safety risks.
• Mr. Jaakko KLANG, Member of TC 3.2, Finland
• Mr. Uros BRUMEC, Member of TC 3.2, Slovenia
Presentation (C32-Marsh-E .ppt.pdf)
Urban road traffic visual environment reliability evaluation based on amount of information perceived by vehicle drivers'Central Vision'.
• Mr. Yuren CHEN, Tongji University, China
Presentation (C32-Chen-E .ppt.pdf)
• Mr. Mike GREENHALGH
Presentation (C32-Greenhalgh (Conclusions)-E .ppt.pdf)