This congress was organised in close cooperation between PIARC (World Road Association), responsible for the content and development of the programme, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Korea, the Korea Expressway Corporation and the Korea Road and Transport Association in charge of the organisation matters for the congress.
XXVth World Road Congress - Seoul 2015
The XXVth World Road Congress was held in Seoul, Republic of Korea, in November 2015, under the theme “Roads and Mobility-Creating New Value from Transport”.
This website presents the Proceedings of the Congress
- information on the venue, on the organisers and sponsors of the congress,
- the programme of all sessions and of the technical visits,
- the speeches of the plenary sessions (opening, Ministers’, closing),
- the national reports by PIARC (World Road Association) member countries as an input to the Strategic Direction Sessions,
- the introductory reports to the sessions,
- the visual supports used for the presentations of all sessions including the keynote speeches,
- the individual papers selected by the Technical Committees as a result of the call for papers,
- the general report of the congress including the detailed conclusions provided by the Technical Committees,
- the activity report of the World Road Association for the four years from the last World Road Congress in Mexico City in 2011,
- information and photos of the exhibition,
- the programme for accompanying persons,
- photographs taken during the congress and presented in slideshows for the different sections of this website,
- videos presenting excerpts of speeches at the plenary sessions,
- the list of participants
- information on the associate events
- introduction of beautiful roads of the world
This website is providing a comprehensive record of the proceedings of the congress. I wish you enjoy browsing this compendium.
These proceedings can be purchased in DVD format from the Association – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary General (May 2002 – March 2016)
PIARC (World Road Association)
History of the World Road Congresses
Since the first World Road Congress held in Paris in 1908, PIARC (World Road Association) has organized a Congress every four years in one of its member countries. The World Road Congress provides an international forum to discuss techniques and experiences in the area of road infrastructure and transport.
1908, Paris - 1910, Brussels - 1913, London - 1923, Seville - 1926, Milan - 1930, Washington - 1934, Munich - 1938, The Hague - 1951, Lisbon - 1955, Istanbul - 1959, Rio de Janeiro - 1964, Rome - 1967, Tokyo - 1971, Prague - 1975, Mexico-city - 1979, Vienna - 1983, Sidney - 1987, Brussels - 1991, Marrakech - 1995, Montreal - 1999, Kuala Lumpur - 2003, Durban - 2007, Paris - 2011, Mexico-city - 2015, Seoul.
More information on the Association’s website: